Faculty and Programs
Washburn's Teaching-First Commitment
Washburn is distinguished by the unceasing passion of its professors for the success of students. Because of this treasured relationship, our goal is to raise $35 million for faculty and programs at Washburn University.
Professors are teachers and mentors above all else; they instinctively direct their efforts toward their students, and that teaching-first attitude is what brings each program to life.
With such talented faculty and with their commitment to students as the hallmark of Washburn, it is vitally important we support, encourage, and recognize them for excellence at every stage of their career.
We have an aggressive fundraising goal for faculty and programs — one that includes a commitment to faculty funding unsurpassed at similar institutions. We seek to dramatically increase the level of endowed funds to honor and support outstanding teaching faculty at the assistant, associate, and full professor levels across the university.
We will also continue to funnel our energy and resources into our distinguishing programs, such as law, nursing, allied health, business, natural sciences, math, music, and art.
Campaign Goal: $35 Million
- $35 million to reward professors and strengthen programs
- Create first-class, distinctive teaching environment
- 25% of faculty to be recognized and provided additional funds to pursue activities enhancing their teaching and student’s classroom experience
- Fund summer professorships
- Support faculty travel
- Encourage faculty learning and professional development
- Provide for the development of new courses and curriculum
The Story So Far
- 258 full-time faculty members, which equals a 15:1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio
- 83% of full-time, tenure-track faculty earned the highest degree in their field
- Average class size of 21
- More than 40% of classes have 20 or fewer students
- No class larger than 90 students
To support the 150 Forward campaign, make your gift today or contact us.