The Foundation of Success
Our collective focus will always be on students and the ways we help them grow: through life-changing scholarships, expert faculty, field-leading programs and a much-loved campus. Annual giving helps sustain this focus, and our goal of $10 million plays an integral role in securing a meaningful, outstanding education for students both today and 150 years from now.
Annual giving is the foundation of everything we do. Washburn students and faculty alike rely on annual gifts to meet the University’s immediate needs and take advantage of opportunities as they arise. Sometimes, these funds do keep the lights on, but these gifts do so much more. They give Washburn the ability to respond to unanticipated opportunities, fund new, innovative programs or courses, and continue to provide exceptional educational experiences for our students.
We must react to each opportunity as it arises – after all, responding quickly and responsibly is what has made Washburn strong and flexible financially, and it’s what allows us to devote more energy and resources to our students.
Campaign Goal: $10 Million
- Increase alumni giving to 40% during the campaign
- Expand the average annual number of donors by 15% over the course of the campaign
- Increase the total endowment to $200 million
- Increase the total funds available to the university annually by 25%
- Increase the endowment per FTE student by 20%
The Story So Far
- Fiscal stability in tough economic times
- Total endowment of $177 million
- $15.2 million available to the University in 2015-16
- 1,110 first-time donors in 2015-16
To support the 150 Forward campaign, make your gift today or contact us.